(1) The Selection Board shall consist of;
(a) the Vice-Chancellor (Chairman);
(b) all the Pro-Vice-Chancellors;
(c) the Dean of the Faculty concerned;
(d) the Chairman of the Academic Department concerned;
(e) one member of the Syndicate to be nominated by the Syndicate;
(f) one eminent industrialist to be nominated by the Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
(g) one eminent research scholar to be nominated by the Syndicate; and
(h) the Chairman, Punjab Public Service Commission or his nominee who is a member of the Commission.
(2) The Registrar shall be the Secretary of the Selection Board.
(3) The members other than ex-officio members shall hold office for three years.
(4) The quorum for a meeting of the Selection Board shall be five.
(5) No member who is a candidate for the post to which appointment is to be made shall take part in the proceedings of the Board.
(6) In selecting candidates for the post of Professors and Associate Professors, the Selection Board shall co-opt or consult three experts in the subject concerned and in selecting candidates for other teaching posts, two experts in the subject concerned, to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor from a standing list of experts for each subject approved by the Syndicate on the recommendations of the Selection Board and revised from time to time.
Functions of Selection Board
(1) The Selection Board for teaching and other posts shall consider the applications received in response to advertisement and recommend to the Syndicate the names of suitable candidates for appointment to teaching and other posts, as the case may be, and may also recommend–
(i) the grant of a higher initial pay in a suitable case for reasons to be recorded; and
(ii) the appointment of an eminently qualified person to a Professorship in the University on the terms and conditions other than those prescribed.
(2) The Selection Board shall consider the persons who are to be appointed as Registrar, Treasurer and Controller of Examinations and to such other posts as may be prescribed and submit its recommendations to the Syndicate.
(3) The Selection Board shall consider all cases of promotion or selection of officers of the University and recommend the names of suitable candidates for such promotion or selection to the Syndicate.
(4) In the event of an unresolved difference of opinion between the Selection Board and the Syndicate, the matter shall be referred to the Chancellor whose decision shall be final.